Thursday, January 15, 2009

Imaging USA

I am back from a terrific photography conference in Phoenix, AZ. We were there for 4 days cramming our heads full of awesome information.

I learned quite a bit but here are the highlights:
One thing that sets me apart from alot of other photographers is the fact that we were there. We continually expand our education, our skills and our mentors.
I learned a ton from Julia Woods on how to organize the workspace. Lets face it, people hire me to shoot, not have a perfect workspace, but I have lots of ideas on how to make it better.

Sarah Petty, well...if she was talking...I was there. She brings so much to the industry. I can say definitively I am making some major business changes just due to the things that she taught us.

Kevin Kubota, well what I can I say? ... as a photographer if you ever get the chance to hear this man on stage, he is totally nuts and totally awesome. He is real, he is approachable and honest. The world needs more people like this. Though why he thinks Doug Gordan is a 'rough troll' I am not sure.... :-) Twitter anyone?

We met so many neat people and were able to hook up with our compatriots from Washington....though I was very sad I missed the PPW (Professional Photographers of Washington) group photo. I was touring the huge expo and completely lost track of time.

Overall I am very thankful for all our clients without whom I would have no reaon to attend such an event. This event had made me a better person, better shooter and better business person. Thank you PPA.

No comments: